Message From Chair
Director of CHIN
The CIHR Human Immunology Network (CHIN) is a resource network that promotes and facilitates research in human immunology and its translation into clinical care and public policy.
In its first year of operation, CHIN has made significant strides in the establishment of the network. Accomplishments to date include:
- Establishment and set-up of the administrative coordinating node
- Launch of the CHIN website
- Face-to-face meeting of the node leaders in December 2011, and regular monthly teleconference meetings
- Organization of a satellite symposium on “Immune Regulatory Mechanisms in Health & Disease” at the International FOCIS 2012 in Vancouver in partnership with the Canadian Society of Immunology
- Formation of an External Advisory Board to provide advice and guidance to the network
As CHIN moves forward into the second year of its mandate, plans are in the works for expansion of the network to include additional nodes and centres. In addition, CHIN’s presence at international meetings and conferences will be ramped up to increase the profile of the network. CHIN plans on organizing community events across the country to inform the public of current research in human immunology. Finally, a focus on providing resources to trainees and fellows in the form of training seminars will also be examined as a possible resource that can be provided by CHIN.
J. (Quim) Madrenas, MD, PhD, FCAHS
Director, CIHR Human Immunology Network